Keto saved my life by Annie Tomsik

Today my husband Micheal and I went to visit Carthage Missouri to see Artist Lowell Davis' legacy of Red Oak II. I walked around the property enjoying the living museum and the spectacular art creations. 

Three years ago I would have had to sit down and rest every ten feet. I would have tired easily and I would have needed a nap after we were finished. But not today. We had a leisurely stroll and I walked the distance with ease. 


I started my keto journey because of a type 2 diabetic scare. But also because of my brother who like me had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes as well, and his had taken and awful turn. In a five year period he had went from diagnosis, to lost of limbs, to loss of sight, to dialysis, to loss of him. I didn't want to loose my independence. I didn't want to be sick and in pain. I didn't want my family to experience the terrible loss that I had experienced in loosing him. So I knew immediately that I needed to change my lifestyle. 

Starting keto wasn't easy for me. I didn't know as much as I do now. I had to retrain myself. I went through the foods I ate, the foods I loved and imagined them as the poison that they were. My beloved potatoes were killing me. My fresh homemade bread was killing me. My deserts were killing me. The snacks I was eating were killing me. 

I ate mostly cottage cheese, eggs, and zucchini. Now I know that I can cook anything that is low crab and that I can removed things and add others to recipes. For instance, I love meat loaf. I remove the bread crumbs, and add sliced mushrooms. So yum. I love lasagna and instead of adding in noodles, I stuff the ingredients inside a zucchini boat. I love clam chowder, and I substitute the potatoes for cauliflower. I love cheese cake and now I make my own with monk fruit and real slices of strawberries. I love pancakes, so I make it with almond flower, cream cheese and berries. 

I have found more recipes that are new and exciting, and I have changed the old ones to fit. I make tacos, fajitas, and Philly cheese steak in bowls. I use my own spices as a rub for brisket instead of barbecue sauce. I make my own guacamole, and fish sauces. My husband and I eat fewer meals, but our meals are more in depth. It has made such a difference in the way we see food. 

Once we became one with a Ketogenic Lifestyle, we found that everything changed. The way we shop. The way we move. The things we undertake. The adventures we have. The time we spend. The things we participate in. We are healthier as a couple. 

Recently Micheal and I went to visit our grandchildren for the weekend. We went to the park with them. It wasn't very far away and I had decided we would walk there. I heard "Nana, are sure you don't want to drive?" I said "Why, I can walk!" I heard "Nana, remember when you needed to sit on the bench?" I said "This is a new Nana" and I got on the swings and played with my grandchildren. I even played a round of Badminton. Afterwards I walked all the way back. I have their kind of energy and I can keep up. 

Finding Keto really has saved my life. It has given me back my life that had been lost for so long. I can't say enough about how much has changed since I started it. It's not about what I can eat or what I can't eat. It's about what is fuel for me, and what is poison. Like any lifestyle, there are things you will do, and things you wont. I simple choose to live healthy and not go back to living sick.

- Annie Tomsik

My resources:

Keto for Healthier Life (my facebook support group)

dietdoctor.com

Dr. Eric Westman's book "End Your Carb Confusion"

Dr. Ken Berry's book "Lies my Doctor told me"

Dr. Jason Fung's book "The Obesity Code, The Cancer Code"

JOIN OUR KETO GROUP HERE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to the The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik

WWE PAY PER VIEW ROYAL RUMBLE ODDS by THE OUTLAW MICHEAL TOMSIK

WWE SUMMER SLAM ODDS by The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik