The raw deal of Keto by Annie Tomsik

The one thing that people don't think about when they start the keto diet, is that there is a different kinds of food in a different price range. Unless you're able to garden most of your food for yourself, you will have to buy all your fruits and vegetables from a grocery store which means more expense. All of the foods which you were accustomed to buying such as bread, potatoes, beans, rice, and pasta, are no longer a part of your diet. These are all inexpensive staple foods. All of them have to be replaced by fruits and vegetables, meats, seeds, nuts, and leafy greens.

It's not an easy thing to be on the keto diet. You find yourself eating more and more of the same foods. You have a lot of go to meals, which consists of things like cottage cheese or avocados. Although the keto diet will help you lose weight, or help your blood sugar level, it's a very different lifestyle.

If you're starting a keto diet because you need to change your lifestyle, this is not something that you can just do part-time. You have to have an all-or-nothing attitude with a keto diet. You cannot follow the diet part of the time, and the rest of the time go back to being snack happy. This needs to be a full-time lifestyle change.

I recently started Keto, when my doctor told me I was a borderline diabetic. NO! This is not happening to me. Unfortunately I have bad genes. My brother is a current diabetic. He has lost both of his feet, and goes to dialysis three times a week. His sight is failing. I refuse to lose my independence as he has. (This is not a put down to any diabetics).

So I have become a Ketotarian. I mostly eat a plant based diet. Since August 16th, I have been on this journey. After seeing my doctor yesterday, I know that it is a never ending journey. I have lost a total of 15 pounds. My blood sugar is down, my blood pressure is normal. I am waiting one more month to check my A1C again. But I actively monitor my blood sugar.

I loved going to the Farmer's Market while it was available, but now with winter approaching, I am back to the supermarket. Produce is not as good. But I try new recipes, which I would like to share with you.

Chicken Sausage Stir Fry
(Saute in real butter, or olive oil)
4 Apple Chicken Sausage Links sliced (Use any meat you like)
1 Bell Pepper diced
2 Zucchini sliced
1 Yellow Squash sliced
1 sweet onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste

You can use any stir fry vegetables with this recipe, like broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, and spinach.

There are other Keto friendly recipes out there. The main thing to do is read packaging for carbs per portion. Most vegetables have very little carbs. Stay away from fast food, and processed foods. Sugar Free, has high carbs too. Eliminate sugar.

Until next time, Good Luck fellow Ketotarians.
Annie Tomsik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to the The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik

WWE PAY PER VIEW ROYAL RUMBLE ODDS by THE OUTLAW MICHEAL TOMSIK

WWE SUMMER SLAM ODDS by The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik