Micheal's Card Collection Company ( Lets talk about Fake or Novelty Cards)
You can find our retail location at Timeless Flea Market,
LINK HERE FOR MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL
LINK HERE FOR MY CATALOG OF PRODUCTS
You read about it on the internet, see it in the local news people talking about POKEMON CARDS.
THE FAKE or NOVELTY or INTIMATION POKEMON CARD BUSINESS:
I have had my share of running into fake or novelty cards, even when I ordered them from a supposed dealership. At one point I even attempted to sell some but I got such a backlash I decided at that point I would give all the cards to a hospital that had young children that had various illnesses. I have been doing this for the past 3 years. If I get fake cards I donate them to this hospital who gives them out to the kids.
I also donate some of my bulk cards here that are real cards as well.\\
Pokemon has once again become a major business as many people love collecting the cards. It was really brought back to life in early 2000 when Covid-19 hit and the card collecting became really popular again.
Today cards can bring in actual money as well as one card owned and sold by a popular entertainer named Logan Paul was bought for 5.4 million dollars and sold for 16 million dollars. It has become not only about collecting cards but flipping cards and making money from them that has sparked a new issue in the industry.
So why people are attempting to sell fake cards or novelty cards is a simple reason : Money
So where are people getting these fake or novelty cards?
Top places listed online are ETSY, ALIExpress, Temu, and Tik Tock Shop.
So why are these companies allowed to sell FAKE cards?
It is illegal to sell FAKE cards it goes against trademarks and copyright laws. These companies can print cards if they classify them under fake, novelty, fan art, or other titles that indicate the cards are not real Pokemon cards. The market has been flooded from Foreign countries and the mass amount of companies producing these cards is almost impossible to stop.
HOW CAN I TELL REAL CARDS FROM FAKE CARDS?
Research is your friend here learning about the Pokemon Cards and what to look for most Fake or Novelty Cards are pretty easy to spot. Many Fake Cards have a shine on the card itself. Not having any texture on the card, also look for misspellings, wrong information on the card, and coloration on the back side of the card is often different. However I will just warn you there are some really good fake cards that are very difficult to tell if they are real or fake.
WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FAKE CARDS:
Learning about the cards you are collecting is the best way to protect yourself, also buying from a local store or business that has a good reputation. Going to a TCG or card shows because VENDORS like me do not like other companies or people that are selling FAKE cards.
Meet the person at a store that has staff that can help you insect the cards, if people refuse walk away.
Buy GRADED CARDS these cards have been sent into a company that has trained staff that inspects the card, they give cards a grading 1 to 10, they seal the card and send it back to you. However you can not walk into these types of companies so I still say go to a local store that sells Pokemon or find some one like me that can help you look at the cards.
A note on the Graded Cards there are some new developments on this as well as there are some vending machines that are being released that you can place a card in the machine and it will grade the card and place it in a plastic sleeve and I am not sure if these vending machines can tell a fake from a real card.
In the end its going to be up to you where you buy your cards!

Comments
Post a Comment