MIcheal's Card Collection Company ( How do I Price cards graded from Degree /Golden, and MPE ?)


                                                                          MTPCCC.com

                                  You can find our retail location at Timeless Flea Market,

LINK HERE FOR FACEBOOK PAGE

LINK HERE FOR MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL

LINK HERE FOR MY CATALOG OF PRODUCTS

As a collector I never really cared about Grading my cards as a matter of fact in my main collection to this day I share with my daughter is ungraded. For the first two and half years I operated my company up to recently in late 2025 I operated as dealing with mostly raw cards or ungraded. 

However a lot of people asked me when I was going to start grading cards.  This is how I began a journey into being one of the first companies to use these companies and sell these cards. I feel like I am back in my younger days as The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik if you want another part of my history click the name.

Back to this blog!

This is where in late 2025 to recently in 2026 I have started to grade cards for my company and sell the cards to customers. However when I started to do this I ran into several issues.

Money to grade the cards  ( IT IS AN INVESTMENT) 

The time waiting for the cards to be graded. ( Can go 4 months or more)

I had to research companies that I could afford to invest my money to grade the cards and determine how long it would take to get the cards back.

I also am taking a huge risk that people will buy the cards.

Recently I graded over 100 cards from 3 companies, and I may add one more company as well I recently found. So let's discuss the issues looking from a business view point and not a collector.

From a business view point you're investing in sending your cards to a company to be graded. All the companies even PSA or CGC  the two largest companies that grade cards grade the same way. They are evaluated and put on a 1 to 10 scale with 1 being the lowest score and 10 the highest.

PSA invented this idea and is considered the top company even today. The cards are then sealed in a case that is called a SLAB  (it is a plastic case that holds the card and has all the info of the card, plus shows the grade of the card.)

So what factors into a business decision for me is the PRICE to GRADE CARDS and the TIME it takes to get the cards back for me to put them up for sale. Most of these companies can take up to 4 months or more to grade your cards and all of them have a different fee for the service.

As a business I am paying the Shipping Costs and the Grading Service.

Also I have to wait to get the cards and see what the grade on each one is to price them.

I have invested a lot of money into Grading the Cards and have to hope they get a good grade and even after that I have to hope they sell.

I recently have been involved in several online groups asking how to Price cards from these companies or even other companies.

Currently there is NOT a market where it lists cards from different companies with prices.

Since I started selling I absolutely love an app called Price Charting. 

I use this APP for pricing my cards raw and graded. The company has a phone app where you can download scan cards and instantly find a value on the card. I think this is the top company but there are a lot of different apps and services that offer this as well. So do your research and find what one is best for you and what one you feel is best.

The BAD NEWS is not any of these apps  break down the slabs by the company that grades them. Personally I think a graded card should hold the value of the grade it gets no matter what company grades it, However my opinion and view is not well received in the Pokemon community and other collector cards that are graded.

SO HOW DO I PRICE THEM?

At first I was taking advice from several other collectors and associates and other vendors or business people that told me to look up the PSA price and mark it down by 80 percent. 

However if a card is graded  no matter what company grades it the price should be the same for what number the grade is?

So if you send in a card and lets say its graded a 7 and you look on Price Charter and it says the current value of a 7 on that card is $25 that is what it should be worth correct?

It should not matter what company graded it.

So to answer your question this is how I am pricing my cards I base it on the current value of the grade. I am not taking a percentage off or reducing the price because it was not graded by PSA.

I am always looking to make deals however this goes with any graded card!

THIS IS MY WARNING AFTER YOU READ MY BLOG:

Going into 2027 I plan to use these companies and sell my graded cards to the public however I am just being as up front as possibleL

 This change is being met with resistance from other vendors, companies, and retailers.

Please follow my videos, blogs, web page, and I plan to keep doing videos and posting of how this is going with me.

Micheal






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside/Out Missouri review on a new company in Springfield Missouri called JUSTBID

THE OUTLAW WRESTLING CLUB ( ODDS ON WWE WRESTLE-MANIA 42 ) ( Opening Matches subject to Change)

Inside/Out Missouri Christmas Dinner at a TA TRUCK STOP