Is Door Dash holding tips from delivery drivers ?

Welcome to my blog.

 As I have written several blogs about delivery driving positions in Reno and Sparks Nevada. Recently it was pointed out to me that Door Dash may be with holding tips left from customers.
I do not have any verification this is true but I will explain how Door Dash Works in this blog.

Also just as an update DOOR DASH is open in Carson City on 3/6/2019 and planning on opening in South Lake Tahoe in April of 2019.

So lets discuss Door Dash: I joined and have been doing Door Dash for several months.
So just for your information this blog is all from my experience and knowledge of Door Dash.

Door Dash app lets you schedule or Dash immediately any time you want to work.
On the app is map of Sparks and Reno Nevada,
I am sure there will be maps for the other areas as well or maps of the city or area your in doing Dash.
The map has 4 colors of how busy it is in these areas unfortunately you can only sign into one area at a time not both. Once you sign in Door Dash assigns you a delivery.

NOTE: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW JOBS ARE ASSIGNED FROM DOOR DASH.

Once you accept the delivery you are given directions to the restaurant to pick up the food also it shows you how much your being paid for that delivery. In other blogs and here again I have noticed that DOOR DASH usually charges around $7 per delivery.
This is what you get paid for the delivery.

On the customer side of the APP they have an option to leave a tip for delivery.

If a tip is given through the app it usually shows the delivery fee plus the tip.
So most likely if it is anything past $7 it is a tip.

However Door Dash also offers some incentives during peak or busy times these incentives can add anywhere from $1 to $7 per delivery.
This is not a tip however and the incentives will show on the map area if they are available.

Tips in cash are given direct to the drivers but you can take tips through the app and I recommend it.

However how do you verify your getting those tips?

There really is not a good way the app does not show you a customer left a tip, the only way to base it is if the delivery shows a charge over $7 not including if incentives are involved.

In the APP there is way to check your earnings, that can be brake down all the way to each job.

However once again there is no separation of tips from the delivery fee.

As far as  DOOR DASH holding tips I can not really verify or deny this may be true or untrue.

I will add a not that I never have received the $1000.00 bonus I was offered by Door Dash.
This was an add they ran when I signed up to complete a certain number of deliveries in 90 days.
 I did complete it yet I never got the bonus even though I have written letters, talked to the main office, and filed a wage complaint.

I still like doing door dash it is a great way to get out make some extra money.


The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to the The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik

WWE PAY PER VIEW ROYAL RUMBLE ODDS by THE OUTLAW MICHEAL TOMSIK

WWE SUMMER SLAM ODDS by The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik