Should I keep doing Doordash and Uber in 2021?

 


Since my move to Springfield Missouri I have not been doing doordash not even as a side gig. I moved to Springfield Missouri in January 2020. I found quickly the area was oversaturated and it was difficult to get on the schedule for doordash in Springfield Missouri.

I had hoped to do doordash full time but found out the hard way that I could not earn what I needed to support my family. I only have dashed a few times in 2020 since I arrived in Springfield Missouri.

However I signed up in a Doordash group on facebook and plenty of people seem to make a good living just doing doordash. 

Just from my experience and opinion doordash is still a great side gig but very difficult to navigate as a full time self employment opportunity. Maybe I did not give doordash an opportunity or maybe  it was me all together.

However I enjoy doordash and the delivery business but if I am not able to support my family or create a good opportunity for me than perhaps it is time to call it quits with doordash.



I had similar issues with Uber and Uber Eats in Springfield Missouri. Another issue I had was my vehicle as it is older 2008 HHR. As far as passenger pick ups and drop offs sure it gets the job done. I just worry about the perception of the rider. Uber and Lyft require a vehicle within 10 years of the current year so mine falls clearly out of this area. I have defended my vehicle in several videos and blogs but than began to realize the condition of the vehicle was far worse than I imagined for passengers.

As far as Uber Eats I found the same issues I did with Doordash though I was not worried about my vehicle with deliveries as no passengers. My vehicle operates just fine just has flaking paint and the interior needs work.

So I propose the question should I countinue to self contract in 2021?

I feel as if I am not going to be doing deliveries or passenger pick ups or drop offs than I should just go ahead and terminate my contracts, but on the other hand if I wanted to do a side gig or earn extra money in 2021 I should stay a contractor.

I have not made a final decision I am still considering and debating my options.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to the The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik

WWE PAY PER VIEW ROYAL RUMBLE ODDS by THE OUTLAW MICHEAL TOMSIK

WWE SUMMER SLAM ODDS by The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik