My Door Dash and Uber final end of year blog for 2019

Hello all you Uber and Door Dashers or people who are thinking of becoming a Dasher or Uber Driver.

HERE IS MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-3WNN3FMkL96gDuHPop5BA?view_as=subscriber

So I finish the year with a couple of thoughts about Door Dash and Uber. If you followed my blogs or videos this all started as an investigation into these companies for me. I decided the only way to truly tell you an honest and true story was documentation and me doing both Door Dash and Uber. That is exactly what I did and this is the second year I have done both companies.

At the End of 2019 here is my summary of both companies:

DOOR DASH:

When I first started doing Door Dash I thought it was the weaker of the two companies.
I did a lot of comparisons and experiments between Door Dash and Uber.
You can read my old blogs or watch my videos.

Today I would say the companies are about equal.

So Door Dash made several changes in the past year.
First change was they changed the areas, originally had been broke up into 2 areas Reno and Sparks.
Door Dash changed the area into 4 blocks, Reno, Sun Valley, Sparks, and South Reno.
Second change came later in the year as many delivery drivers complained about the tipping policies of the company.
Door Dash was paying around $7 per delivery plus they added incentives from pooled tips from the customers, however after many complaints the company changed the base pay to $2 per delivery and the delivery drivers keep the full tips.
The company added several restaurants and fast food places and bought our a courier service as well.
As far as a full time venture since delivery drivers are self employed Door Dash could be a full time enterprise.
Being Self Employed and doing Door Dash could provide a regular income.
Some things to consider would be car maintenance, gas expenses, and that the company does not take any State,Federal or Social Security, or Unemployment Tax out of the pay.
Also using the App getting on a regular schedule, finding out when the best times are to delivery will help you a great deal with Door Dash.
Issues I see are oversaturation and times where there is not enough work.

UBER and UBER EATS:

I originally only signed up for UBER EATS Delivery service. For the first year I only did the delivery side of the UBER company. One big difference between Door Dash and Uber is that Door Dash not only uses restaurants in the app but a customer can literally order food from any where with Door Dash.
UBER EATS only uses the restaurants in the app.
Another big difference is Door Dash gives drivers a company credit/debit card, and sometimes you have to order the food and deliver it.
UBER EATS does not allow customers to order food outside the contracted restaurants.
In the  second year I signed up for the Passenger pick up and drop off  side as well.
UBER has an advantage gere as Door Dash does not pick up or drop off people, and you can do both the delivery and drop offs and pick ups.
Unlike Door Dash Uber pays by the mileage and time both for delivery and Passenger pick ups and drop offs

UBER also can be a full time career or employment venture.
As with Door Dash Uber does not take any taxes out.
I see the same issue with this company oversaturation ans at times not enough work.

However in closing out 2019 I feel these are great second or part time gigs as they work with your schedule. You are considered Self Employed and a contractor so this is something to consider.
I can not really say on the full time career side becuase I never attempted or tried doing these as a full time career.

The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to the The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik

WWE PAY PER VIEW ROYAL RUMBLE ODDS by THE OUTLAW MICHEAL TOMSIK

WWE SUMMER SLAM ODDS by The Outlaw Micheal Tomsik