Micheal's Card Collection Company ( The latest updates on Graded Cards by Degree, MPE, and Golden Grading )

 


                                                                MTPCCC.com

                                  You can find our retail location at Timeless Flea Market,

LINK HERE FOR FACEBOOK PAGE

LINK HERE FOR MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL

LINK HERE FOR MY CATALOG OF PRODUCTS

You read about it on the internet, see it in the local news people talking about POKEMON CARDS.

Lets face the facts here I have recently made this decision to operate my business with these three companies Degree Grading, MPE Grading, and Golden Grading. 

My decision was based on a lot of factors but cost was one of the biggest factors.

HOW THIS ALL GOT STARTED:

 When I started the company I was doing everything RAW CARDS, I had 9 Pokemon Card Vending  Machines and 2 Flea Market Locations. This was way back in 23 and 24. I started doing shows and events and I had two people I had hired to help me with shows. These two people kept asking me about Slabs and graded cards at the time I did not really want to go that direction.

In late 24 and early 25 I began to see my vending route close down due to several factors places closing and the vending machines breaking down. Also one of the Flea markets closed down but I was still doing shows. I sold off most of my bulk card collection because I had been filling the vending route with this part of my collection. At one point I had over 150,0000 cards.

I started to mostly sell sealed products but I wanted to offer more than just sealed products. I was still collecting newer sets. as well so I still had some bulk.  I researched slabs and grading cards and yes there is a whole side business of Grading Cards. 

I decided to grade some through two companies called PSA and CGC.

PSA can charge $60 to $1000 to grade a card, and CGC can charge $17 to $45 per card.

I was spending a lot of money to grade a few cards, so I began to research.

MY RESEARCH:

First I came across Degree Grading and I really had no knowledge of this company but I saw an ad to grade 5 cards for $50 to try them out. Well I could get 5 cards for the same price as sending 1 card into PSA or CGC so I took the offer and got my first 5 Cards.

I was really impressed when I got them back so I decided to use Degree they had a regular price of $15 per card but offered some deals at $9 per card. Degree does have a $25 grading fee as well but the bulk price is $15. I had submitted several cards to Degree at this point in time.

The more I researched I found two more companies one called Golden Grading. Golden offered a bulk rate of $5 per card I was definitely trying this company so I sent off 10 cards to start with. Golden had different rates as well depending on how fast you want your cards. Ranges from $5 to $25.

I found one more company called MPE Grading. This company also has different rates that are from $5 to $25. I decided to try 15 cards with this company to start off with.

So as of October 26 I am using all three of these companies to grade my cards.

TURN AROUND TIMES FOR GRADED CARDS:

Most all of these companies have a 3 to 4 month or longer turn around time but you can pay a higher fee to get cards back faster. This was a bit hard for me because I usually do about 1 to 2 shows a month. I decide to grade about 60 cards per month using these 3 companies.  I use all 3 companies and I mix and match different cards and use specials to grade my cards.

PAYING OUT AND THE POSSIBLE RETURN ON GRADED CARDS:

Grading cards is really a long term investment if you're going to sell them because you're going to put out the money to grade them plus the shipping, Thee wait time can be up to 4 months so cards that may have been hot or priced higher may have changed in that time frame. As a seller it is a bit of a gamble but if you're a collector it may not be as important on the wait times.

HOW TO SELL GRADED CARDS:

There is a whole debate among the Card Collecting Community about pricing cards. For the longest time PSA was the top company and most collectors base the prices on. PSA developed the whole grading system on cards rating cards from 1 to 10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. PSA also developed the plastic slabs the cards are placed in.

In the Pokemon community the two top companies are TCG and PRICE CHARTING. 

Though I will say there are other APPS that price cards. 

PRICES ON GRADED CARDS ARE BASED ON THE GRADE IT GETS AND THE CARD RARITY.

Prices can change and you have to really research the current prices on any card!

THE DEBATE IN THE COMMUNITY:

Changes are often made in a community but I will warn you that these three companies are on the top new grading companies. The debate is what price should I put on these companies?

Many people in the Pokemon community are not ready to let go of PSA as the top company. When I started selling the cards I was told to discount my cards by 80 percent. I did this at first but after a few shows and a little time passing I asked myself why I was discounting the cards?

WHY I DECIDED TO ASK THE GRADED PRICE ON MY CARDS:

So why do we grade cards? 

It is so a company can inspect the card, authenticate the card, and place a grade on a card, and place the card in a plastic slab. Once the card has been given a grade it is then given a price based on the current market of that card. Markets make the prices not the customer or vendor. The market is based on many different factors but I began to ask why I should discount my cards?

It really does not matter what company inspects the card, authenticates the card, or places it in the slab. 

I have paid them for this service. 

So why should the card be any less valuable than the current market?

This is why I am doing a series on the subject please follow me.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside/Out Missouri review on a new company in Springfield Missouri called JUSTBID

Micheal's Card Collection Company ( What is the top reason people are searching for Pokemon Cards? )

THE OUTLAW WRESTLING CLUB ( ODDS ON WWE WRESTLE-MANIA 42 ) ( Opening Matches subject to Change)